By Dave Monahan, CSCS
Looking for a sweet treat that won't set you back? Here's a great clean and healthy cookie recipe I discovered at bodyrock.tv. Delicious and decadent without the guilt!
Clean-Eating Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
*You can add a little protein power to increase the protein content
- In a medium sized bowl, mash 3 bananas, then add the rest of the ingredients listed above.
- Mix well.
- Cover an 8×8 baking pan with tin foil. Spray with coconut non-stick spray.
- Place dough on baking pan, then flatten out dough with a spatula to ensure a flat level of dough.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for 15 minutes. (You may need to bake for 17 minutes depending on your oven, but check at 15-minute mark.)
- Makes 12 servings.
- Nutrition Facts (per serving): 101 calories, 3.4g fat, 2.3 fiber, 7.8 sugars, 2g protein (not including extra protein powder)